J-Log.eu - Forum

JLF ------ SPAM Bots! Bitte nach Registrierung eine Email an mich zur Freischaltung! / After registration drop me an email please for clearing! ===Nenne/name the NICK you used to register with!=== Email address: -> http://j-log.eu/impressum
Aktuelle Zeit: 13. Mär 2020, 03:35

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

[ 1 Beitrag ] 
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: S32terminal Version 2.1.1.17
Verfasst: 16. Jan 2017, 23:58 
The Madman from Laboratory 4

T'schuldigung, ich bin mal faul.. Snip:

Zitat:
Because some users seem to have problems with their network setup (name resolving, gehthostbyname not working for the terminal) I made "yesterday" version 2.1.1.15. This version first tries by FQDN (domain name), in case of no success by IP. (apparently huge latency comes on top..)

But that makes no sense.. to let it run on several timeouts before trying by IP. That affects a fluent work flow.

Now terminal 2.1.1.17 is released. This version is not using any FQDN anymore, so no name resolving required. I changed it for lookups (checking) for S32 software items (-> version 2.1.1.16), - a few minutes later I made 2.1.1.17 , the terminal itself, the .NET update checker, is now also using the IP of the server.

Of course, the web server also had to be told that it is working on IP, does not expect HIS URL in the host header.

Let's hope it helps... Let's hope that the server will never change its IP..

During the 6..7 yrs of JLog2.x I was told so often to go on internet-based automatic updating. That's so great, so simple... Well.., I guessed how it would come.. and it came.

[ 1 Beitrag ] 

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde