As a backup of previous posts and because of a special relationship to this product.
- Wakeup from OFF:
- RC voltage rising to >=5V: UG appears as a “battery” of ~5V with low inner resistance for 5s
- then: “battery” off, UG measures the RC voltage and remembers it
- UG acting as voltage spatula. In practise: stepping in several times a second.
- BEC power failure: UG takes over at remembered voltage minus 0.5V *)
- Auto-Poweroff (no RC voltage) or by Button
- Hibernation mode
- Remaining leakage current: Disconnect LiPo when UG is not in use for >2 months
- Power Source: 2S LiPo
- Lower impedance than the LiPo itself: buck-boost regulator
- 5A continuous, 10A intermittent
- super-bright signal LED for alarming (3* white), cascadable
- Opti Button: remote on/off
*) Purpose of <remembered minus 0.5V> step-in voltage: In order to allow to set a voltage alarm threshold by common means of any telemetry system.
How UG as a “battery” at power-up cures: SPEKTRUM satellite receivers on Vbar FBL: before, after
(On a Sunday in Feb 2015: user (Malcolm) reported an issue in HF, – R2 modified the UG firmware for acting as “battery” at startup. Standard in all UG delivered May 2015 and later.)